COVID-19 Baseball Safety Guidelines
Coaches, managers and scorekeepers
Do you have symptoms?
Have you had Exposure?
If you answered "yes" to the mentioned, then follow government guidelines link and do not attend the event.
COACHES, MANAGERS, and SCOREKEEPERS GUIDELINES
- All coaches, spectators, players, managers, officials, scorekeepers and coaches should adhere to government social distancing guidelines.
- Coaches, managers and scorekeepers are encouraged to wear a face mask or facial covering (but it is not manadatory) while attending. Follow government guidelines link.
- Adults 70 years and older and people of any age who have severe underlying medical conditions are strongly encouraged not to attend events at this time.
- You are encouraged to bring personal hand sanitiser, face coverings (masks), rubber gloves, antibacterial wipes to events for personal use.
- No sharing of equipment or writing materials.
- Agree with umpires on any modifications before the game, exercising government social distancing guidelines.
- Avoid shaking hands, hugs, celebrating or touching.
- Avoid arguing with officials.
- Dugouts could be expanded outside of the fence, with the safety of the players and coaches in mind and not in foul territory when necessary. Only players and coaches allowed in dugouts.
- Rosters of up to 25 players on a team, however, e.g., only up to a combination of 14 players, coaches and manager combined on one side for a game.
- Base coaches should maintain social distance from players at all times.
- Conversations between coach and umpire must keep government social distancing guidelines.
- Teams must wait until the prior team is entirely off the field from dugout before entering.
- Conferences (pitchers) on the field must follow government social distancing guidelines.
- No interaction with spectators.
- No water cooler service provided for the dugouts.
- Teams need to bring a minimum of three new baseballs per game.
- Minimise and if at all possible avoid conferences with players, coaches or managers before, during and after the game.
- Batting practises, and pre-game warmups will be limited in time, and teams need to adhere to government social distancing guidelines.
- Home and away team may only use their baseballs and minimise sharing.
- Avoid sharing equipment. If required, (helmets) sanitise it (inside and out) before and after use promptly.
- Assign someone to sanitise equipment promplty when in contact with another. He or she needs to take extra pre-cautions to sanitise equipment e.g., it is suggested to wear face covering (mask), rubber gloves, and dispose of rubbish promptly.
- The player should place any item (arm or shin guard) which the hitter or runner wishes to discard during play on the boundary’s edge.
- All clubs should provide the necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) for the safe delivery of first aid, such as facemasks or gloves.
- Clubs must keep a register of all those participating in a baseball activity, and their contact details, for 21 days to assist NHS Track & Trace where necessary. BBF members are required to register with them seperately for insurance purposes.
- Scorekeepers should avoid unneccesary contact with participants. Text lineups where possible can be texted to one another.
- Scorekeepers should remain away from the field and dugouts and practise government social distancing guidelines.
- No pre-game or post game celebrations or award ceremonies on or off the fields.
- Refrain from spitting, chewing gum, eating (sunflower seeds) or rinsing out your mouth.
Stay alert, control the virus, and in doing so, save lives.
This is an interactive image. Scroll over the yellow caution icons to learn more.
Download COVID19 Coaches, Managers and Scorekeepers Guidelines
IMPORTANT: The official controlled copy of documents in this website are held within our network server. All printed copies, and all electronic copies and versions, except the one on our server, are considered uncontrolled copies and may not be up-to-date. Some contents within website and documents are links to third parties websites and/or contain copyrighted materials. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the contents of third-party information. All contents are subject to change without notice.