COVID-19 Baseball Safety Guidelines
Do you have symptoms?
Have you had Exposure?
If you answered "yes" to the mentioned, then follow government guidelines link and do not attend the event.
KEY COVID19 CONTACT
Baseball entities should assign a key person (adult only) at your club or team who is easily accessible as its COVID-19 Key Contact and registered with the BBF link.
The BBF information security management system preserves the confidentiality, and integrity of information by supplied by participants. We are a member of the ICO.
If there is a conflict between these guidelines and the government guidelines, the government terms will control that conflict. Responsibilities (but not exhaustive):
- An adult only, is suggested (optional) to be registered with the British Baseball Federation (the National Governing Body of baseball) to be identified and to receive periodic updates regardless if their club is registered with the Federation.
- This person is responsible and it is mandatory to conduct a risk assessment (see BBF guide) of their clubs or teams facility before its use. Moreover, take the corrective action before the safe use of their clubs or teams facilities and others.
- The person is responsible for communicating for thier club or team safety guidance to visitors, clubs, teams, officials, particpants and other people. We suggest ensuring more than one person can perform this role and providing training as necessary; provide necessary training to workers or volunteers who act as hosts for visitors, or need to interact with delivery workers, clubs, teams, officials, the public, etc.
- He or she should communicate relevant information about operational changes, safety measures and controls to the participants of their club, or team and other relevant interested parties; and review communications frequently to ensure they are up to date and effective and take action if issues are identified.
- He or she is responsible for their club or team should register who has used any internal or external facilities and their contact details for a rolling 21-day period. The mentioned should apply to anyone taking part in the game, in playing, umpiring, managing or coaching capacity, and anyone who accesses a clubhouse. BBF member clubs and participants need to register with it.
- Communicate new processes for entering their field or practise areas, and the use of common areas (e.g. toilets).
- Communicate guidance on safe interaction (government and BBF guidelines) with visitors, officials, teams, players, coaches, managers, service users and other people to thier club or teams facilities; and communicate changes to emergency procedure.
- He or she is responsible to identify or be notified of any incident that led to an increased risk of exposure; and take mitigation steps to the risk.
- He or she is responsible club or team facilities are following government social distancing and other preventive measures to mitigate COVID-19.
- Report any incident (COVID-19 cases reported, participants reporting symptoms, exposure) to the local and health authorties; and notify the BBF.
- Ensure anyone for his or her club who has reported symptoms, and/or has been exposed follows government guidelines (reporting and test and trace) and is medically cleared before returning to the club or team activities.
- Ensure no pre-game or post game celebrations or award ceremonies on or off the fields.
- All venues must have entry and exit and parking arrangements to venues that ensures social distancing can be maintained.
- Venues must display the appropriate signage to facilitate at all points throughout the facility and car park.
- Venues will implement traffic flow systems where possible and appropriate.
- Venues will outline socially distanced areas for teams, officials and spectators.
- Venues will ensure that all accessible provision within the site and the facility are available.
- Participants are restricted from congregating at a venue before and after sporting activity.
The British Baseball Federation is the National Governing Body of baseball. Registered postal address only: Griffin House, 135 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1DQ, United Kingdom The BBF is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), a member of the World Baseball Softball Confederation and Confederation of European Baseball.
DISCLAIMER The information provided by British Baseball Federation (“we,” “us” or “our”) in our digital magazine, http://www.britishbaseball.org (the “Site”) is for general informational purposes only. All information on this site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site or our mobile application. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY (PERMITTED BY LAW) TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR OUR MOBILE APPLICATION OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE AND OUR MOBILE APPLICATION. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND OUR MOBILE APPLICATION AND YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE AND OUR MOBILE APPLICATION IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXTERNAL LINKS DISCLAIMER The Site may contain (or you may be sent through the Site or our mobile application) links to other websites or content belonging to or originating from third parties or links to websites and features in banners or other advertising. Such external links are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness by us. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OFFERED BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES LINKED THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE OR FEATURE LINKED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING. WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES