COVID-19 Baseball Safety Guidelines
Do you have symptoms?
Have you had Exposure?
If you answered "yes" to the mentioned, then follow government guidelines link and do not attend the event.
KEY COVID19 CONTACT
Baseball entities should assign a key person (adult only) at your club or team who is easily accessible as its COVID-19 Key Contact and registered with the BBF link.
The BBF information security management system preserves the confidentiality, and integrity of information by supplied by participants. We are a member of the ICO.
Responsibilities (but not exhaustive):
- An adult only, is suggested (optional) to be registered with the British Baseball Federation (the National Governing Body of baseball) to be identified and to receive periodic updates regardless if their club is registered with the Federation.
- This person is responsible and it is mandatory to conduct a risk assessment (see BBF guide) of their clubs or teams facility before its use. Moreover, take the corrective action before the safe use of their clubs or teams facilities and others.
- The person is responsible for communicating for thier club or team safety guidance to visitors, clubs, teams, officials, particpants and other people. We suggest ensuring more than one person can perform this role and providing training as necessary; provide necessary training to workers or volunteers who act as hosts for visitors, or need to interact with delivery workers, clubs, teams, officials, the public, etc.
- He or she should communicate relevant information about operational changes, safety measures and controls to the participants of their club, or team and other relevant interested parties; and review communications frequently to ensure they are up to date and effective and take action if issues are identified.
- He or she is responsible for their club or team should register who has used any internal or external facilities and their contact details for a rolling 21-day period. The mentioned should apply to anyone taking part in the game, in playing, umpiring, managing or coaching capacity, and anyone who accesses a clubhouse. BBF member clubs and participants need to register with it.
- Communicate new processes for entering their field or practise areas, and the use of common areas (e.g. toilets).
- Communicate guidance on safe interaction (government and BBF guidelines) with visitors, officials, teams, players, coaches, managers, service users and other people to thier club or teams facilities; and communicate changes to emergency procedure.
- He or she is responsible to identify or be notified of any incident that led to an increased risk of exposure; and take mitigation steps to the risk.
- He or she is responsible club or team facilities are following government social distancing and other preventive measures to mitigate COVID-19.
- Report any incident (COVID-19 cases reported, participants reporting symptoms, exposure) to the local and health authorties; and notify the BBF.
- Ensure anyone for his or her club who has reported symptoms, and/or has been exposed follows government guidelines (reporting and test and trace) and is medically cleared before returning to the club or team activities.
- Ensure no pre-game or post game celebrations or award ceremonies on or off the fields.
- All venues must have entry and exit and parking arrangements to venues that ensures social distancing can be maintained.
- Venues must display the appropriate signage to facilitate at all points throughout the facility and car park.
- Venues will implement traffic flow systems where possible and appropriate.
- Venues will outline socially distanced areas for teams, officials and spectators.
- Venues will ensure that all accessible provision within the site and the facility are available.
Download COVID19 Key Contact Guidelines
IMPORTANT: The official controlled copy of documents in this website are held within our network server. All printed copies, and all electronic copies and versions, except the one on our server, are considered uncontrolled copies and may not be up-to-date. Some contents within website and documents are links to third parties websites and/or contain copyrighted materials. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the contents of third-party information. All contents are subject to change without notice.