COVID-19 Baseball Safety Guidelines
Do you have symptoms?
Have you had Exposure?
If you answered "yes" to the mentioned, then follow government guidelines link and do not attend the event.
Officials (Umpires) Guidelines below.
If there is a conflict between these guidelines and the government guidelines, the government terms will control that conflict.
- You should self-assess for coronavirus before attending any event. Suppose you are experiencing or have been exposed to anyone with corona or have any symptoms (fever, prolonged cough, etc.). In that case, you should self-isolate, get medical and NHS advice and refrain from attending any event (until cleared).
- Check your local regulations and government guidelines before attending the event. For example, travel restrictions may apply.
- Do you have COVID-19 symptoms? Have you been exposed to someone with COVID-19? Then check government Covid-19 safety guidelines before attending a game. That is if you have been exposed or have symptoms follow guidelines, isolate and you may not participate in the game or practise.
- We suggest you download the NHS COVID-19 contact tracing app for monitoring the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in England and Wales.
- Persons from different households should not use carpool unless necessary, as per current government guidelines. If carpooling is essential, the vehicle should be well ventilated, and all occupants are encouraged to wear masks.
- You are strongly encouraged to also wear a face covering in other enclosed spaces where it is difficult to maintain social distancing, or where there are people you do not normally meet. For example, in taxis and private hire vehicles.
- Umpires should carry protective face covering (mask), protective rubber gloves and hand sanitiser with them to each game.
- Arrive at the field with as much of your uniform on as possible to avoid changing rooms.
- No use of changing room, clubhouse, other facilities allowed.
- Minimise communicating, or being in direct contact with others.
- Practise government social distancing guidelines.
- Bring your water and do not share.
- All your equipment needs to be sanitised before, after the game and during if it is in contact with others.
- Participants are restricted from congregating at a venue before and after the baseball activity.
- Umpires are allowed to ensure that COVID-secure measures are adhered to, and to enforce this through appropriate warnings.
- Where legal gathering limits apply, people participating in a work or volunteering capacity (such as match officials, medics and coaches) are exempt and therefore not included in the number of participants.
Stay alert, control the virus, and in doing so, save lives.
This is an interactive image. Scroll over the yellow caution icons to learn more.
The British Baseball Federation is the National Governing Body of baseball. Registered postal address only: Griffin House, 135 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1DQ, United Kingdom The BBF is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), a member of the World Baseball Softball Confederation and Confederation of European Baseball.
Coaches, Managers and Scorekeepers info
DISCLAIMER The information provided by British Baseball Federation (“we,” “us” or “our”) in our digital magazine, http://www.britishbaseball.org (the “Site”) is for general informational purposes only. All information on this site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site or our mobile application. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY (PERMITTED BY LAW) TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR OUR MOBILE APPLICATION OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE AND OUR MOBILE APPLICATION. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND OUR MOBILE APPLICATION AND YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE AND OUR MOBILE APPLICATION IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXTERNAL LINKS DISCLAIMER The Site may contain (or you may be sent through the Site or our mobile application) links to other websites or content belonging to or originating from third parties or links to websites and features in banners or other advertising. Such external links are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness by us. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OFFERED BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES LINKED THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE OR FEATURE LINKED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING. WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES