DO A RISK ASSESSMENT BEFORE EVERY ACTIVITY
As the NGB of baseball, to follow are our official risk assessment and guidelines for our sport. The mentioned should be followed in full before taking part in any baseball activity and with government social distancing and other COVID-19 guidelines.
View BBF Risk Assessment Guidelines click here
(which go with the other safety guidelines in this site)
Risk assessment guidelines
For clubs' and organisations leaders: For every instance, there is a face-to-face activity, you should follow first a risk management process which is systematic, and which risks can be mitigated. Your clubs' leadership and management plan to recovery in resuming face-to-face activities require a goal-oriented approach to mitigating risks.
We expect baseball entities:
1. To disclose to the BBF, in writing , anything which is material (financial and non-financial) which we should reasonably expect to be informed, which affects your operations, participants health (reported cases of COVID-19), safety or clubs sustainability.
2. Further, if your a BBF member club and you are experiencing a shortage of volunteers, players, officials, teams, and limitations to field rentals or availability. 3. To take all reasonable steps to continue fulfilling your clubs or teams obligations to carefully starting baseball group activities (fixtures) and following government guidelines.
4. Assign a COVID19 Key Contact with us (BBF) to receive updates and be accountable to communicate and follow mitigation guidelines.
5. Participants should register with us for any BBF event for Test and Trace purposes. Your club's holistic risk management system should consist of (not exhaustive):
- Identify risks: Identify and define potential risks (e.g., shortage of volunteers and players; reduced public transportation networks, government movement restrictions and other mass gatherings national measures, field availability, securing PPE equipment, financial).
- Assess risks: Risk and resource assessment (see dowload guide);
- Review controls: Risk treatment (prevention, controls, resources available, risk response); Clearly defined responsibilities and assign accordingly to dependable and persons with authority to carry them out.
- Control risks: Monitoring and reviewing (record, report, update your risk management system and take corrective actions when necessary). Develop a management and stakeholders communication plan.
NHS Tool: Find out Coronavirus cases in your area click here
The British Baseball Federation is the National Governing Body of baseball. Registered postal address only: Griffin House, 135 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1DQ, United Kingdom The BBF is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), a member of the World Baseball Softball Confederation and Confederation of European Baseball.
COVID-19 Key Contact info
DISCLAIMER The information provided by British Baseball Federation (“we,” “us” or “our”) in our digital magazine, http://www.britishbaseball.org (the “Site”) is for general informational purposes only. All information on this site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site or our mobile application. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY (PERMITTED BY LAW) TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR OUR MOBILE APPLICATION OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE AND OUR MOBILE APPLICATION. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND OUR MOBILE APPLICATION AND YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE AND OUR MOBILE APPLICATION IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXTERNAL LINKS DISCLAIMER The Site may contain (or you may be sent through the Site or our mobile application) links to other websites or content belonging to or originating from third parties or links to websites and features in banners or other advertising. Such external links are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness by us. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OFFERED BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES LINKED THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE OR FEATURE LINKED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING. WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES