COVID-19 Baseball Safety Guidelines
NOTE: Spectators are restricted in attending activities under govt guidelines. Check govt guidelines for more info.
Do you have symptoms?
Have you had Exposure?
If you answered "yes" to the mentioned, then follow government guidelines link and do not attend the event.
SPECTATORS SAFETY GUIDELINES
If there is a conflict between these guidelines and the government guidelines, the government terms will control that conflict.
- Check your local regulations and government guidelines before attending any event. Spectators must adhere to government social distancing guidelines. When spectators are permitted, it is important that all spectators (including supporters, parents and others) adhere to the legal gathering limits.
- Spectators are not permitted to attend sporting events taking place on private land, other than adults needed to supervise under-18s that they have a responsibility for or providing care or assistance to a person with disabilities participating in an organised sporting event or activity. They should maintain social distance and not mix with other households. This does not prevent people from viewing recreational or organised sport that is taking place in a public space, e.g. a park, in groups of up to 6 people or 2 households.
- It is important that all spectators (including supporters, parents and others) adhere to the legal gathering limits. In addition to being legal requirements punishable by fines, those violating the measures are endangering public safety and undermining the case for safe sport to be allowed to take place.
- When spectators restrictions are lifted or those with exemptions you should self-assess for coronavirus before attending any event. Suppose you are experiencing or have been exposed to anyone with corona or have any symptoms (fever, prolonged cough, etc.). In that case, you should self-isolate, get medical and NHS advice and refrain from attending any event (until cleared).
- Optional spectators can download the NHS COVID-19 contact tracing app for monitoring the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in England and Wales.
- Adults 70 years and older and people of any age who have severe underlying medical conditions are strongly encouraged not to attend events at this time.
- Home teams or who is accountable for the venue should be monitoring the number of spectators at a fixture or practise.
- Spectators are encouraged (however it is not mandatory) to wear a face mask or facial covering while attending the event.
- No physical contact with others, e.g., no handshakes, high fives, bumps, hugs.
- Avoid coming in contact with any event equipment or foul balls.
- Do not bring tents, tables or blankets.
- Bring a hand sanitiser and it is recommended to use it periodically.
- Walk to the event when possible.
- If you take public transportation, follow government transport guidelines, e.g., wear a mask.
- Avoid talking, shouting or raising your voices at events.
- Refrain from spitting, eating or rinsing out your mouth.
- Avoid going into clubhouses or confined areas.
- Do not enter the field or dugouts.
- Avoid passing out, collecting any material or exchanging of items.
- Throw away your rubbish.
- Avoid touching your mouth and nose.
- Bring closed containers or sealed bags for all disposable and reusable hygiene material (e.g. tissue, towels, etc.).
- Avoid items (handles) that come into frequent contact.
- No autographs.
- Persons from different households should not use carpool unless necessary, as per current government guidelines. If carpooling is essential, the vehicle should be well ventilated, and all occupants should wear masks.
- You need to register with those accountable for the event facility and your contact details for rolling of the 21 days.
- Follow government social distancing and other guidelines as applicable.
- Follow venues entry and exit and parking arrangements to venues that ensures social distancing can be maintained.
- Follow venues appropriate signage to facilitate social distancing at all points throughout the facility and car park.
- Follow venues traffic flow systems where possible and appropriate.
- Participants are restricted from congregating at a venue before and after the baseball activity.
Stay alert, control the virus, and in doing so, save lives.
This is an interactive image and is when spectator restrictions are lifted. Scroll over the yellow caution icons to learn more.
The British Baseball Federation is the National Governing Body of baseball. Registered postal address only: Griffin House, 135 High Street, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1DQ, United Kingdom The BBF is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), a member of the World Baseball Softball Confederation and Confederation of European Baseball.
DISCLAIMER The information provided by British Baseball Federation (“we,” “us” or “our”) in our digital magazine, http://www.britishbaseball.org (the “Site”) is for general informational purposes only. All information on this site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site or our mobile application. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL WE HAVE ANY LIABILITY (PERMITTED BY LAW) TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SITE OR OUR MOBILE APPLICATION OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THE SITE AND OUR MOBILE APPLICATION. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND OUR MOBILE APPLICATION AND YOUR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE AND OUR MOBILE APPLICATION IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXTERNAL LINKS DISCLAIMER The Site may contain (or you may be sent through the Site or our mobile application) links to other websites or content belonging to or originating from third parties or links to websites and features in banners or other advertising. Such external links are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness by us. WE DO NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OFFERED BY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES LINKED THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY WEBSITE OR FEATURE LINKED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING. WE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES